API Plan 65
Leakage from seal faces is collected via the drain port & directed to a liquid collection system via a vessel equipped with a high-level alarm.
- The quench fluid acts as barrier in between atmosphere and process fluid.
- The quench fluid reduces oxidation and coking of product & also cools seal faces.
- Flushes away undesirable material build up under seal faces.
- Can be used with water, steam or an inert gas.
- In services where seal leakage is condensing.
- Used for single seals. Caution
- Vent connection should always be plugged.
- Orifice downstream of the level switch should be located in vertical piping leg to avoid accumulation of fluid in drain piping.
- Shut down the pump as soon as high-level alarm is activated & attend the seal.
Do you work with API qualified mechanical seals?